How to be organized in office and at home and yet be able to keep all the loveable stuff? I have some ideas for you to improve your lifestyle and efficiency of keeping too much things.
What does it mean being organized?
The meaning of order (of objects) is “to keep things in their place”. Because there is always a need to renew and refresh, it is important to organize the environment according to the changing needs while getting rid of unnecessary stuff.
Keeping everything without sorting stuff can bring you to ‘clutter’, a term that is almost harmful according to life style addicts, and sometimes also points on various medical situations.
Well, it is also impossible to keep everything together, so you will have to make some rules to be sure things won’t get too messy.
How to be organized and why it’s important
The environment we choose to live in determines the attitude toward us. If you are a neat person, you are probably treated as an active and vigorous person, because it takes energy to maintain an orderly environment. If you love clutter, you are probably treated as a domestic person who maintains his territory as for “My home is my fortress”.
In workplaces, it’s important to present an organized attitude, because it indicates the efficiency and good flow of work.
Clutter can upset your balance in physically, mentally and visually means. It can affect your behavior in different situations, even on your diet. It can make you shrink in space and it burden your visibly.
Clutter can manifest itself in things that are not visible. Cabinets that full of unnecessary things, old and unnecessary digital documents. It is not even hoarding but is treated in a sense of “it’s not important enough to deal with”.
But, it is not so hard. If you know how to be organized, in a few minutes a day you can achieve a more organized and clutter free environment.
Benefits of declutter
- Reorganizing mess gives more physical space, and lets you sort quickly important things, whether a summer dress or a workbook.
- Even small items can be found so you don’t have to double-purchase products.
- You can get rid of expired products and buy new.
- You can manage plans with a clear and broad view of your existing inventory
How should you start being organized?
clutter, which is the need to save things that are not needed in an unordered manner, is a subject that is sometimes controversial. People usually just buy things thinking they’ll be useful and then store them somewhere.
How much do you store things? When it seems that you are not able to get rid of old things even when it is harmful to you, you may have a problem. Obsessive hoarding of old things can be considered a disease and requires treatment.
If you want to get rid of old stuff you don’t have to make great changes (such as emptying all the stuff from home and remove them to the trash for good).
I’m in a mess!
What happens to people who suddenly discover that there is a mess on the desk or that they must empty the wardrobes, is that they’re rushing to the task and soon find themselves in another mess.
Therefore, an important point in reorganizing is not to overload too many changes in a short time.
- Try to categorize your tasks according to your convenience and treat them as different projects.
- At home, you can begin sorting out old clothes before you start rearranging your next season’s clothes.
- In the office, separate the sorting of mail folders from old office accessories.
- Start with small niches so you don’t overburden yourself.
- Choose your free time and start to make some order.
- You can also keep space for things that you have not yet decided to discard or to re-sort.
- Restructure the room design to fit for your purposes. This way you won’t accumulate unnecessary things that you have nowhere to put.
- You should make a list of the changes you want to generate and how much you can invest in each such project. This will help you adjust your time without pressure.
How to pack your stuff
- Packaging is important when you want to dispose of things.
- Do not float the room with crates that stand empty and wait for you to begin. Keep it proportional.
- Organized packaging can also help you when you want to move out and get rid of unnecessary items.
- Choosing furniture for your new order.
- Re-selecting furniture is also important. Much of the disorganization is due to the lack of compatibility between storage furniture and their contents.
- Choose cabinets, drawers, and shelves that can comfortably accommodate your chosen things.
The way you design your interior space
- If you’re a writer, a freelancer or just a person who loves to be in a tidy house, know that your interior space, even when slightly lit, drives the desire to maintain an orderly place, while a suffocating and dark space causes a disordered feeling.
Natural lighting is a wonderful way to create a pleasant atmosphere, curtains and cozy furniture will complement the picture.
If you’re a writer or anyone who need inspiration for writing, choose the right atmosphere for your creativity.
No clutter in your office space
How to be organized in your office
- The more organized is the room so is your work.
- Organize your office conveniently so you don’t have to waste your working time on dealing with opening a drawer or walking from desktop to computer.
- Your organized office should have natural lighting, keep the right location of your office furniture and a good place for the electrical device which are connected to cables, so you won’t have to stumble while crossing the room.
- A well-designed working environment will make you fill energetic and you won’t want to keep not useful stuff.
- Find the time to clean your drawer and get read of old stationary that lays there for years.
Re-organize your files
Working at office or home, it is such a bad feeling when you look for existing file but cannot find it. That’s when you rush into the wastebasket thinking maybe you have accidentally deleted it. It’s probably waiting for you safely in an unnamed file somewhere on your computer.
- You can avoid losing important documents and you can do it by organizing your tasks from the start of your project:
- Arrange your documents and folders in an easy order, so you can find them even after a long period.
- Use names of projects, dates, and tags for a better orientation.
- Managing emails can be complicated or easy, depending on the way you keep your folders.
- Keeping your emails by the custom order can benefit the process of searching the. You can mark important emails and sort them in folders to easily find them.
- Categorize folders by name, date, email source, and more.
Stay clutter free at work
- Prepare a list of tasks for “cleaning the desk” and start clearing away stuff that holds you back.
- Organize your digital documents so you can quickly upload them when you need them.
- Also, there are many things you don’t have to give up, but you can keep them separately, maybe in another cabinet.
How to keep clutter away from your home
In the Chinese method, clutter represents a lack of energy and tension and a stranded life, it inhibits positive flow and is not perceived as appropriate.
- There are many ways to keep order at home. You do not have to choose a Feng shui flow or a precise and meticulous design.
- You can even keep a little mess, if there is no state of unnecessary things and the possibility of not finding the important stuff.
- If you have a tendency to mess, remember that there is a possibility for permanent storage, such as wardrobes and storage cabinets but also temporary storage tools that can help you stay organized.
- Instead of spreading clothes everywhere, you can keep them in a box or on a rack placed in a convenient place.
- Small, household waste bins can be very convenient for daily waste disposal. Put them next to the bathroom or kitchen or even in the closet.
- One of the causes of the mess at home is thick liquids that are spilled on all kinds of places. Keep bottles and jars sealed in a closed cabinet. Use economical containers for keeping liquid soaps and lotions.
- Design the house with stable surfaces. When you place the coffee cup in an unsafe place or on an unstable surface, it is likely that coffee stains will be forgotten. In the same way, placing a box of cubes on an unstable piece of furniture will quickly cause a mess. Furniture designed with stable and comfortable surfaces such as wide benches, comfortable shelves or strong tables will prevent much of the mess.
- And, of course, do not forget to refresh the drawers and cupboards occasionally, throw away things that are no longer essential and make room for new ones.
Ideas for staying clutter free for good
- All beginnings are difficult. If you decide to get rid of old things to reorganize, you will have to plan this in a calculated way so that you can make the evacuation efficient and effective.
- Think about your purpose, a neat workroom or a clean house, and what needs to be done to rearrange.
- You do not always have to throw everything away. You can simply rearrange the place in a way that helps you to keep your old stuff.
- Try to imagine the place as others see it. Think about why you need things that you have saved and what can be put in place.
- When you reorganize your workroom or closet, be careful not to get rid of important things you have saved for emotional reasons, so that you won’t be ending running to look for them.
Do not keep spoiled things
Records that do not play and torn textbooks are perhaps nostalgic but if they have no value in the flea market it is a shame to keep them at home.
Sometimes consideration is economic when keeping an old accessory in order not to waste money on a seemingly expensive new device. But today, most electronic devices are cheaper than repairing old appliances. Check the market prices.
Get rid of the old things for good
Put the extra items neatly in crates and bags. Move them to where they should be. You’ll feel better.
Still keeping on?
- Plan the pattern for categorizing your stuff and adjust it realistically to fit the interior space.
- Think of the space as from big to small.
- Divide areas into smaller areas so you can see where to keep your things in order.
- Fit untapped spaces to use them effectively. You’ll see that proper planning allows you to maintain order the way you prefer.
- The opposite of clutter is not necessarily “order” but sometimes minimalism, removing as many things as possible and emptying the interior space.
Lifestyle is not about throwing it all out!
- Reorganizing the interior space can allow you to keep most of the things organized and even in a small place.
- Maybe it’s a bit hard for you to say goodbye to some or all the things you’ve kept for so long.
- Find a good way to maintain the emotional value of your things, clothes or books, even after you separate them. For example, to hand them out or distribute as gifts. You will see it’s not so hard after all.